Geodata for Wireless Network Planning and Optimization Building an accurate world model for your analyses
We have specialized in creating digital geodata for the wireless telecommunications industry since our inception. In that time, we’ve witnessed and supported our wireless operators as they deployed 2G, 3G, 4G and now 5G NR networks.
Understanding the Needs of RF Planning for Geodata
The needs of RF planners have remained fairly constant regardless of new technologies being utilized. To build an accurate simulation to support deployment, operation and optimization of their network, engineers require geodata that:
- Works efficiently in their RF/microwave planning software
- Supports their propagation model type (i.e., including 3D models for urban modeling)
- Delivers quality and accurate mapping information, clutter classes and 3D building models
- Is made from the from the most recent source imagery possible to accurately reproduce the environment being modeled
Geodata for 5G Planning
LuxCarta is working with leading network equipment vendors and operators as they prepare for 5G, based on the new 5G NR (new radio) non-standalone standard and pending standalone standard. A critical component of these 5G technologies is the use of cmWave (6 – 30 GHz) and mmWave frequencies (30 – 300 GHz).
These frequencies can carry much higher amounts of data, but their propagation distance is dramatically shorter than frequencies historically used in digital wireless systems (i.e., 800 MHz to 2.4 GHz). In particular, cmWave and mmWave frequencies attenuate dramatically when they encounter obstructions, either manmade or natural. Atmospheric conditions (e.g., moisture) can even have an impact on propagation distance.
Operators and their vendors planning 5G will require higher-resolution data along with vegetation information for efficient planning. Learn more about LuxCarta’s tree models specifically made for 5G planning.
LuxCarta Geodata for RF Planning
We’ve been successfully meeting the needs of wireless service providers through:
- Delivery of consistent, high-quality products
- In-house control of all processing
- A substantial inventory of recent data
- Speed of production to create new projects
- Innovative development processes to develop extremely accurate 3D data
- Compliance with all planning tool formats
- Pre- and post-sales support in your time zone
- Innovative products and services, including textured 3D models
We specialize in the production of mapping data for wireless service providers and the suppliers they use to plan and optimize their networks. Our products are suitable for RF planning and optimization for the following technologies:
5G NR NSA and SA
LTE, LTE-A, LTE-U
IoT – Sigfox/LoRa/Ingenu
We also offer geodata to support microwave and point-to-multipoint technologies.
Operators deploying 5G networks benefit from LuxCarta’s high-resolution building and 3D tree models.
Geodata for RF Planning and Optimization
Our product portfolio includes mapping data to meet the needs of RF planners, performance/optimization engineers as well as microwave or transmission engineers. Find more specific information on our products page. To request a quotation or discuss your needs with one of our account managers, please contact us.