We have specialized in creating digital geodata for the wireless telecommunications industry since our inception. In that time, we’ve witnessed and supported our wireless operators as they deployed 2G, 3G, 4G and now 5G NR networks.
Understanding the Needs of RF Planning for Geodata
The needs of RF planners have remained fairly constant regardless of new technologies being utilized. To build an accurate simulation to support deployment, operation and optimization of their network, engineers require geodata that:
- Works efficiently in their RF/microwave planning software
- Supports their propagation model type (i.e., including 3D models for urban modeling)
- Delivers quality and accurate mapping information, clutter classes and 3D building models
- Is made from the from the most recent source imagery possible to accurately reproduce the environment being modeled
Global Leader in 5G Digital Maps for RF Planning
LuxCarta has been the preeminent producer of high-resolution 3D building data in support of RF planning for many years. 5G NR technologies utilize cmWave (6 – 30 GHz) and mmWave frequencies (30 – 300 GHz), which are greatly impacted by manmade and natural obstructions.
Why LuxCarta for 5G NR Digital Maps?
LuxCarta is focused on supporting 5G rollouts for the wireless ecosystem. Our 5G story includes:
- Innovation of the new individual tree model, as well as tree canopy height
- Active in pre-standard trials and largest commercial rollouts of 5G
- 3D production of 1000+ km2 per day
- World’s largest inventory of 5G telecom geodata
Why LuxCarta for All Geodata?
We meet and exceed the needs of our wireless operator customers by:
- Delivering consistent, high-quality products
- AI-enhanced machine-learning production processes shorten delivery times
- A substantial inventory of recent data
- Innovative development processes to develop extremely accurate 3D data
- Support for all RF planning software formats
- Pre- and post-sales support in your time zone through five corporate offices
- Innovative products and services, including including 2.5D clutter heights, population maps and 3D tree models